This position is with our US based client, who is a global enterprise customers and service provider that has partners in more than 30 countries around the world. They help to decouples data into a radically simple, application-centric that lets customers manage it more economically, and use it when and where they need to.
This position is a challenging and dynamic role that requires equal parts strong technical competency, and excellent interpersonal skills. As part of a team spanning India and USA, you will be developing code for existing and new products. You will also work with cross-functional teams such as QA, product management and field engineers as needed.
· You will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing clients Policy and Workflow management layer, working on control path and data path projects.
· You will be designing and implementing cutting edge solutions within the fields of data storage, virtualization and replication.
· You will collaborate with the team to design, implement, and test new functionality and extend existing features.
· You will interact extensively with other software engineers, QA Engineers and well as product management and field managers.
· C and C++
· Familiarity with user-space facilities on Linux/Unix and/or Windows.
· Knowledge of file systems, inter-process communication, threading and locking
· 1-5+ years’ experience in software development
· Experience in at least one software product life cycle through design, implementation, and customer deployment
· System and Network programming
· Expertise in the backup and replication of Databases, Mail Servers, Applications and Virtual Machines
· Knowledge of Cloud Services and Cloud Storage
· Algorithms and Design Patterns
· Utility Class Libraries like ACE and Boost
· Drivers and Kernel internals