- Responsible for the first level of troubleshooting for customers reporting an incident
- Responsible to ensure that agreed customer SLAs are met.
- Take part in on call/shift coverage
- Rapidly respond to the customer and take charge of the issues and maintain constant communication with the customer until issue is resolved.
- Escalate calls when necessary according to routines.
- Report promptly every call in the company CRM
- Prepare and send a final report to customer / region
- Ensure a proper follow-up if additional actions are required by the regions (monitoring, enquiry, log analysis, etc.)
- Contribute to high security focus in the department
- Co-ordinate with other internal departments.
- Participate in projects when required.
- Follow internal routines and contribute to their improvement if necessary.
- Must have fluent communication skills in English.
- Customer-driven in his/her attitude and demonstrates good interpersonal skills, over the phone or when writing e-mails
- Handle most situations independently, but recognize the right moment to call in other resources to maintain adequate levels of quality and efficiency
- DTV (Broadcast standards, Conditional Access, OTT, IPTV)
- Operating Systems including professional versions of Microsoft Windows, IBM AIX and Red Hat Linux Enterprise.
- Complex server solution (RAID, Clustering, SAN, etc).
- Computer networking (firewall, switch, router, protocols, routing, TCP/IP packet analysis, etc)
- Database knowledge including Oracle, Sybase and Microsoft SQL Server, as well as PL / SQL query language.
- Professional experience in building scripts (UNIX & LINUX shell, python, PERL, XML)
- Knowledge of web and http protocol (http, Apache & NGNIX web servers)
- Knowledge of cloud computing, AWS is an asset
- Knowledge on virtualization (VMware ESX & Workstation, IBM VIO) is an asset
- Work efficiently under pressure
- Flexibility in working hours, including weekends and night shifts or On Call.
- Attention to details
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have exposure to global customers
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills with logical thinking.
- Ability to operate with multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines.
- Flexibility to adapt to a continually changing and fast pace business environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Maintain an attitude of continual process and personal improvement