Primary Responsibilities of Staff Network Software Engineer
Identify appropriate technology solutions to meet platform requirements by performing technological evaluations and implementing proof of concepts
Engage in design of new systems, functionality or refactor existing functionality
Design and implement APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to expose challenging network automation tasks as web apps
Work independently to implement new functionality, automated tests, and refactor code
Work with team to ensure consistent, predictable & productive execution for high quality deliverables
Review requirements to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, completeness & to mitigate risks
Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review
Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring
Contribute to code reviews with team members
Support trouble-shooting issues in both the test and production environments
Respond to and solve defects in a timely manner consistent with the business needs
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 7+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 5+ years of Software Development Experience
· Solid understanding with fundamentals of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, software design patterns & complexity analysis
· Experience designing & developing highly scalable, reliable, high volume, performant & fault-tolerant systems
· 3 - 5 years of experience in Network Automation using Python and Ansible.
· Good understanding of NoSQL database technologies Mongo, TSDB
· Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP, Spring, XML, JSON, REST, JERSEY).
· Experience with source control, build and deployment tools such as Git, Maven & Jenkins
· Lead efforts to architect, design and implement various components of our Network Automation Platform.
· Strong analytical skills with good problem solving ability desired.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear & concise way, a team player with good work ethics
· Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
· Candidate must be able to proficiently multi-task and be able to work independently or in a team environment
· Working knowledge with Ansible Tower.
. Experience with network automation for devices (SD-WAN, F5, Switches and IPAM)