Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (QA)
Test OpenTV middleware running in the set-top box. The candidate will be responsible for identifying product defects before product shipment. The candidate must be able to work individually, communicating with developers and work in a team environment locally to learn and share the knowledge within the team. Tasks include reading and understanding product specifications, setting up the test environment infrastructure, developing/enhancing test framework, writing test specification, developing automated tests, and analyzing test failures. The individual must have good engineering disciplines, be familiar with the development and test process. The individual must also have knowledge of testing methodology to design the tests for best test coverage.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum 4 years of software testing or software development experience, preferable in Real-time embedded software systems and web application development environment
• Programing experience in Python is must
• Hands on experience in BDD - cucumber
• End to end knowledge of Continuous integration - Jenkins, Hudson is must
• Knowledge of Cloud services like AWS is a plus
• Working knowledge of Selenium webdriver is a plus
• Familiar with Shell/perl scripting, makefile, and source control software tools.
• Core competence and a passion for exposing potential product defects; experience in testing libraries API’s, also system and integration testing.
• Proven ability to write test plans and test specifications based on engineering specifications and product requirements
• Demonstrated abilities in developing test automation framework/test programs/ automated test suite is a plus
• Experience in JIRA or Bugzilla bug tracking tools is a plus
• Experience of source control tools like Perforce,clearcase or SVN is a must
• Knowledge of Network, IPV4/V6, HTTP, OTT is a plus
• Knowledge of Digital TV broadcasting standards (MPEG, DVB-SI) is a plus
• Excellent communication skills, analytical and problem solving abilities
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferably computers and electronics)