This position is with one of tech major. Our client is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, highly productive Engineering Manager having strong experience in Product Development, Distributed Computing architectures and has demonstrated problem solving abilities with good teamwork and communication skills.
· Customer Oriented: You should be able to anticipate critical needs and ensure what is delivered is what was “actually” needed. You are obsessed with providing the highest quality product and experience to the customer.
· Inspirational Leader: You are an inspirational leader who will act as a magnet for the team.
· A Go-Getter: You are a highly technically individual who goes that extra mile to deliver an outstanding product.
· Analytical and a Problem Solver: You understand the needs and requirements and conceptualize and design solutions for the problems with strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills in the face of ambiguity.
· Adaptable: You demonstrate the ability to work in a fast paced and hyper-growth environment where the requirements are constantly changing.
· A Technology Geek: You are a firm believer of Software Development Maturity and fanatical about technology and are always on the look-out of newer better ways of building solutions.
· A Team Builder: You are a thoughtful interviewer who constantly raises the bar for excellence. You believe that each new hire should significantly be better than the team to raise the collective bar. You mentor and coach tech talent to becomes tomorrow’s leaders.
· A Visionary: You complement product and design leadership with finding the right solution to the problems Guavus is trying to solve for tomorrow.
Responsible for developing system & product growth with execution from concept to delivery of complex systems.
- Lead and manage a high-performance core-engineering group of developers and architects.
- You should always identifies new opportunities for innovation for betterment of product development lifecycle.
· Should function as a Senior member of an agile team for setting up best practices w.r.t tools, common components, documentation for development and adoption and at the same time architect and design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions.
· Have high technical competence, strong technical background with track record of individual technical accomplishments to be able provide technical leadership to major projects but also manage team of 20-25 top notch engineers.
Performs ongoing refactoring of code,
utilizes visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and support
continuous improvement by investigating alternatives in
technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
· Work with designers, business analysts, and product managers to estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment.
· Mentor your team! Our world-class software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way by creating clear career paths for team members to help them grow with regular deep mentoring and set-up examples by coming up with best design and solutions to complex engineering problems.
Desired Skills: -
Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or a related field from
IITs/NITs/BITS Pilani or other premium institutes
- Overall 12 - 15 yrs of overall experience with min 4+ years of hands-on in Java & 2 to 5 years of people management experience as an Engineering / Software Development Manager
- Hands-on experience in Developing, designing & scaling complex systems both horizontally & vertically
- Experience in multi-threaded server-side Java programming
- Deep understanding and experience of technologies, system architectures, optimizations and deployments in a highly scalable and available set-up
- Experience in managing teams with minimum 10 -15 members with hiring and growing a top-notch engineering team and scaling the organization. Start-up experience will be highly preferred
· Strong knowledge of DevOps Tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins)
· Experience of distributed systems (functional and performance)
- Experience with Big-Data technologies like Hadoop, Mapreduce, Hive, Scala is a big plus.