SDN Controller :
As a Principal Engineer you will Develop Test Strategy, Plan, Test & validate products (units, nodes, networks, systems and solutions), including validation activities like requirement analysis, test plan development, verification, troubleshooting customer problems, product documentation.
Primary job responsibilities
- Review Requirements, design and functional specifications and comes up with Test Strategy to Test a Functional/System/Network area
- Debug software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply and maintain quality standards for company products.
- Analyze and write test standards and procedures.
- Develop and provides guidance on the execution of software test plans.
- Maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
- Come up with Test Automation strategy and automate scripts if required
- Consult with development engineers in resolution of problems. Work on problems of complex scope, through extensive usage of standard concepts and principles.
- Work as a fully contributing team member, under broad guidance with independent planning and execution responsibilities.
- Expected to continue to build upon domain knowledge and technical/ proprietary skills to reach levels of expertise, while adapting standard principles to new or changed conditions in day to day work.
- Apply own judgment to independently determine a course of action, which is then executed independently post review.
- Responsible for coaching, guiding and mentoring junior members in the team to help them scale up faster
- Interface and consult with multiple stakeholders in improving quality of the products.
- Consult with customer support teams and customer units in understanding customer scenarios and use cases, brings this knowledge in to the testing
- Drives initiatives in improving product quality, new test tools, new methods of testing, automation methodologies, etc.
- Required skills
- Experience in developing Test Strategies, Test plan, Test Report documents
- Testing Experience in the area of L2/L3 Protocols/Technologies ? VLAN, Switching Protocols/Routing Protocols /L2VPN/L3VPN
- Good understanding of Linux layer 2 and 3 networking internals
- Experience in Functional/System/Performance and scale testing of L2/L3 protocols and services.
- Experience with traffic generators/analyzers - IXIA/Spirent devices
- Experience in developing test scripts using languages like - Python/Perl/Ruby
- Experience in working with complex network topologies
- Experience in understand and replicating customer network
- Knowledge on following technologies - Open vSwitch, OpenFlow,
- Knowledge on cloud infrastructure/NFV/Virtualization/software-defined networking (SDN), Open Daylight (ODL)
- Knowledge on KVM/QEMU hypervisor environment
- Minimum education and experience requirements
- Minimum: 7+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Electrical / Electronics Engineering or Computer Science & Engineering required
- Additional Requirements, Physical Demands, Region/Local Specifications:
- Knowledge Sharing & Collaboration Skills
- Communication Skills
- Coaching & Mentoring Skills
Back to Job Search
|Specialization:||IT Software - Client Server,|