At Finance Automation team, you should be passionate about enabling operations to scale. To create the best user experience, you should start by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring. The team is growing rapidly, hence looking for thought leaders to implement systems that process trillions of global financial transactions worth billions (USD) annually. In doing so, improve internal productivity, drive experimentation/data-driven first culture, and above all, delight end customers. This role requires to interact with customers across Client's global portfolio of businesses across the globe to shepherd accurate and timely transaction processing. Here at my client engineers, product managers, UX designers, quality assurance engineers are smart, flexible, and love solving difficult challenges. They look to their managers for organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, and honest feedback. They move fast and ship code to production continuously, relying on their leadership to increase productivity by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean. Engineering managers are people with varying technical backgrounds and interests and they are expected to be able to dive deep in understanding customer needs. They have end to end ownership of their team's charter and roadmap, and have a high degree of autonomy in driving forward the why, what, how and when. As managers, your job is to keep teams efficient and executing on the right goals. Build teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
• Lead a team of talented engineers who like to ship code and tackle hard engineering problems.
• Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
• Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
• Provide continuous feedback and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
• Create plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges in your organization.
• Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly.
• Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes.
• Work closely with recruiting teams to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds.
• Work with your engineers and/or product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals.
• Own your team’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products that delight our customers.