HDD Firmware is responsible for designing, implementing and debugging product firmware. This requires a sound understanding of the firmware at system level and code. This requires good knowledge of firmware design to come up with all scenarios for development of firmware.
· Develops embedded firmware for disk drives.
· Strong in C, Data Structures & Algorithms.
· Follows department processes and guidelines for firmware development.
· Strives to meet company goals and objectives.
· Works with cross functional teams to develop disk drive products.
· Assists in finding root cause for disk drives that have failed for apparent firmware related issues.
· Participates in cross functional meetings to resolve development issues.
· Assists in developing and validating solutions for issues related to disk drive firmware.
· Implements and validates firmware features for disk drives.
· Creates design documents pertinent to the various phases of firmware development.
· Participates in requirements reviews, design reviews, and code reviews.
· Stays current with firmware development methodologies and storage technologies.
· Participate in all design, test plan, and code review in the domain area and provide constructive feedback to ensure quality of the firmware area and product.
· Debug issues involving advanced drive features across a wide variety of hardware and software platforms, including PC’s, servers, RAID, and various operating systems (Windows and Linux).
· Mentor junior engineers on the domain knowledge and firmware development techniques.
· Develop innovative solutions for complex problems.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
· UFS/ NVMe/ Low level Firmware developer having close work exposure with Systems or Hardware
· Timely communication with foreign countries. (US, JPN, Malaysia) and with the team.
· Familiarity with micro-controller architecture, embedded systems desired.
· Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
· Strong programming skills (C, C++ Java).
· Quickly learn new firmware, hardware, systems, tools, and methodologies
· Experience in designing and leading complex firmware feature/product development
· Knowledge and experience in the use of bus analyzers, JTAG, emulators and other firmware debugging tools preferred.
· Able to quickly become productive on assigned tasks
· Demonstrated ability to set technical guidance and leadership for developers to design/modify in substantial firmware areas.