This position is with leading MNC in product company.
Position Name : Manager/Sr Manager - Consumer Insight
Business/ Department - Marketing
Minimum Relevant Experience - 6-8 Years
Minimum Qualification - MBA (From Tier 1 & Tier 2 Colleges)
To develop and drive the strategic insights agenda and be the key influencer in guiding the marketing team and the leadership team basis the relevant consumer and market insights.
1. Identify Insights for multiple categories and guide the business teams to create business solutions based on the same.
2. Provide data based knowledge and analysis on decisions related to new project investment ? Go/ No Go, size of prize, likely evolution in the future.
3. Provide analytics for the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) & the Long Term Strategic Planning Cycle.
4. Lead the understanding of Consumer/Market Trends ? including all processes involved in search, compilation and validation
5. Mine and share Insights with the Marketing team and the leadership team from various studies such as U&A, Laddering, White Spaces, Organoleptic Profiling, Benefit deep dives etc.
6. Constant evaluation of CI processes and instruments to ensure that they are in line with the business objectives.
7. Track and review new launches, success and failure across markets, industries to build knowledge warehouse and shares best practices and learnings.
8. Building Team capability- This is a key organizational objective and the CI Manager is expected to develop consumer in-sighting competencies within identified team members.
Key Internal Interfaces
1. Marketing Team- Guide the team to develop sustainable business solutions based on the relevant consumer insights, market intelligence and competitor activity sharing.
2. Leadership Team- Knowledge dissemination and best practices sharing, sharing key consumer/ customer reports, sharing market intelligence and competitor activity.
3. NPD and R&D teams- Guide the team on New Product Development or features development in the existing brand portfolio.
4. Sales Team ? Diagnostics of retail performance and directions to improve the performance
Qualifications, Experience and skills required
Qualifications: Post graduate degree with specialization in marketing from a premiere b-School
1. 6-8 years? experience in the FMCG industry on the client or research agency side.
2. Has to have driven the innovations agenda for a FMCG organization in the form new product development or innovation or consumer insights (client side) for at least 4 years.
3. Should have had experience on both qualitative and quantitative sides of the research