· The position is based in India (Alwar) or Gurgaon (Cyber city)
Reports to Sales Support Director
Manager for Sales & Applications Support lead and coordinate the support team that works with external and internal customers providing general sales & technical support related to pumps.
JOb Duties and responsibilities
· Being a member of the Pump Sales Support Management team.
· Budget responsible for the team
· Set team level and individual targets, follow target achievements. Organize performance review and feedback discussions
· Define team goals. Actively develop support process and tools in local and global level
· Break down the company strategy to practical tasks and goals in local level
· Support the Claim and Warranty team when needed
· Make monthly reports, organize department meetings, communicate with other support locations
· Participate for other sales and support tasks required by business
· Sales people, Sales manager and country managers
· Support teams in other parts of the world
· Hose and valve team
· Pump Operations
· Engineering and R&D
· Market area heads
Internal and external interfaces
- Engineering Department
- Contract / order execution Department
- Aftermarket team
- Purchasing/Materials/Shipping Department
- Project Management
- QA/QC Department
- Works under supervision of the Sales Support Director
- Makes independently daily sales support related decisions
- Assigns support requests
- Agrees priorities within the team, communicates those with the sales
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering or equal education and/or business or equivalent training/experience. (More than 12 years of experience)
- Minimum 5-7 years B2B related experience within manufacturing machine industry, pumps preferred.
- Experience in business negotiations
- Solid experience in technical quotation work.
- Basic knowledge in pumps is desirable.
- General knowledge within the area of minerals and mineral processing is beneficial.
- Good communication skills in English is required. Additional language skills are beneficial.
- Good IT-knowledge, Excel, SAP and Pumpdim.
- Skills to develop process and systems
- Experience of leading the teams and people
- Systematic work approach.
- Management and leadership skills. Inspires people.
- Capability to process details and bigger picture
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and effective interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong IT skills, including all Microsoft Office Products and std tools
- Must be able to function effectively both as a member of a team and as an individual contributor
- Capability to work with the schedules and deadlines, result orientated.
- Capability to prioritize and manage stress
- Ability to effectively work on several parallel projects
- Good on organizing things. “Makes to happen”
and able to travel