Our Client is only supplier in the world offering integrated manufacturing solutions for pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and dietary. IThey are one of the largest manufacturers of two-piece hard gelatin capsules in the world,
Position Title: Head – Technical Training
A. Job Objective
Design and ensure delivery of technical training curriculum to all employees of the company to ensure that the workforce is adequately skilled to contribute seamlessly to operational targets
Technical Competency – Required
Learning needs analysis
Learning Plan Implementation
Learning Impact Measurement
Academic Qualification - Minimum Requirement
BE / B Tech in Chemistry / BPharm
4-5 years in Pharma / Pharma Ancillary operations
Roles with exposure to internal communication, training design and delivery
8-10 years in Pharma / Pharma Ancillary operations will be preferred
Experience of designing and delivering training programs will be preferred
Experience of building training teams / setting up technical training programs preferred will be preferred.
C. Primary responsibilities
Strategic and planning
• Plan out training calendar and training agenda for the year in conjunction with Head Operations, Head HR, Head CI, Head – Q&RA and Head- TTT
• Prepare technical training budgets for deployment and break down into individual plant level training budgets
• Run the training needs analysis process for all plant personnel. Coordinate with individual Plant Heads, Plant Quality Heads, Operations Head, COO and other relevant leaders to identify the critical needs by level of employees
• Prepares the training modules, designs the content and ensures delivery of technical trainings. Scope to include training with respect to new projects, new process, technology refreshers and new SOPs.
• Ensure training effectiveness of the identified technical needs for the target audience. This will include integration of new joiners, up-skilling of existing associates, multiskilling of associates, enhancing Quality & Regulatory Affairs practices (e.g. GDP, New Regulations, Data Integrity practices)
• Define the overall training curriculum in terms of courses, delivery material, target audience, training methodology etc.
• Liaison with the Technical Transfer SMEs, Operations Heads, COO to define the training content for each of the courses and programs identified
• Prepare training content in usable formats which are easily understood by employees and also by facilitators
• Ensure availability of e-content on the LMS
• Hand-hold facilitators on training concepts and principles
• Ensure alignment of the LMS of ACG with the technical training
• Coordinate with across plants and other functions to ensure that training is delivered as required
• Conduct audits of the training in terms of regularity, content used, effectiveness, budgets etc.
• Liaise with L&D function in HR to deliver training programs
• Liaise with Plant Heads and functional heads to identify effectiveness of training
• Submit training reports and make recommendations for changes to processes
• Take overall responsibility for people development initiatives and building up in-house capabilities for the employees in the department
• Drive a performance driven culture in the team by timely monitoring, review of performance parameters and feedback to the team members
• Contribute towards development of talent for the department by providing subordinates with adequate exposure and growth opportunities to enable readiness for higher roles
• Actively participate in HR initiatives to drive overall employee engagement and motivation
Any other additional responsibility could be assigned to the role holder from time to time as a standalone project or regular work. The same would be suitably represented in the Primary responsibilities and agreed between the incumbent, reporting officer and HR.