This position is with our client is an emerging global automotive component manufacturer and supplier of exterior lighting systems, power-trains and electrical.
Job Description - Electric Machine Control Engineer
- Graduate degree from a reputed Engineering Institute (Electrical / Electronics)
- Masters degree preferred
- (B.Tech. + 3 years) / ( M. Tech. + 1 year) of experience in control of Electrical machine viz. BLDC motors, PMSM, 3-Phase Induction Motors etc.
- Software and Hardware implementation of control strategy on embedded targets
- Test and validate the strategy on the target hardware and application
- Simulate, analyse and verify the strategy using various tools like Matlab/Simulink, Pspice
- Testing and validation of motor prototypes
- Root cause analysis of failures
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding and experience in implementing control strategies (scalar and vector) for BLDC, PMSM, Induction motor
- Good understanding of power electronic devices, PWM techniques, inverters etc.
- Good understanding of various sensors e.g. current, voltage, temperature, etc
- Good understanding of PI controller tuning
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink is a must.
- Hands on experience in software implementation of control strategies on embedded targets such as TI, STM32, Infineon
- Experience in analysing, troubleshooting and testing of motor control is a must
- Good understanding of failure modes of motor + control system
Keywords : Vector Control of PMSM or Induction motor, PWM switching techniques, speed control, torque control, Understanding of inverters, exposure to Matlab