Manager, Security Software Engineering Manager
Reporting Structure: Position reports to Chief of Engineering
The candidate will be leading a team that is developing solutions for the Security Market initially for the Mobile space. The Manager owns the execution and oversight of global security technology and development. We are delivering security solutions that detect potential security breaches and require the capabilities to detect them in real time and at scale. You?ll be working across the organization to ensure our customers? assets are safe You will be responsible for successfully delivering products to meet the business objectives of the product team. This will be achieved through leadership of Security BU development teams with close collaboration with partners in Product Management, our Architects, and our customer community.The Manager of Security Engineering will interface with leadership from both business and technical groups to execute on the strategy as well as identifying priorities and opportunities for improvement for security technology. This requires an innovative leader who can interface and lead technical development and engineering teams across multiple locations to ensure all services and capabilities meet business and technical needs.
- Setting Global policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines related to all aspects of security technology development.
- Identify gaps in technology security architecture and recommend solutions to address these gaps.
- Build the security engineering team, development process, and necessary technologies to deliver on the security vision.
- Develop budgets and business cases to support investments.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Work with Eng Technical leads on resource availability and allocation ? Work on priorities as set by security product management providincope options, date/effort estimates etc. to build an agreed plan and then deliver to those plans
- Break down product management requirements into suitable user stories
- Establish and maintain relationships with leaders of various functions across the organization, the person should have strong interpersonal skills and should demonstrate the ability to provide insights and information at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Work with the Engineering PMO team to track and report on Security BU projects into overall Engineering reports.
Report and escalate to management as needed
Create and maintain comprehensive project and technical documentation
- 3+ years acting in a development management role in the Security domain.
- Experience with security products and mobile security.
- Familiarity with and understanding of security features and application protocols such as FTP, DNS, SIP, Radius, Diameter , GTP,S CTP, SS7 etc. is a plus.
- Knowledge of computer system architectures & operating system concepts along with understanding of multi-core, multi-threaded programming, distributed system
- Experience managing people, including career development, coaching and mentoring, and providing feedback to improve individual and team effectiveness
- Capable of enabling and managing a high performance team with frequent product deliveries
- Provide vision and leadership to ensure the team understands company, department and project objectives that they can also contribute to.
- Foster an environment in which team is willing to work together to solve complex problems. Experience in agile development environment ? Experience delivering with near-shore and off-shore teams
- Prior experience in BPO projects
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Expert knowledge with modern development practices and processes.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
5 to 10 years of experience in SW Development with a number of years in a management role in similar product development environment preferably working on security related products.
Bachelors or equivalent degree/diploma in EE, CS, Telecom or other related fields of study