Deputy Manager /Sr. Manager R&DDepartment: R&D
Work Description & performance Plan
Design develop optimise & execute projects on electrical power motors & minimise cost through engineering analysis tools, innovations and new concept, Also head the Electromagnetic and motor decision for design and development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for Design and Development of BLDC Motors for Home appliance(Ceiling fan, Air Conditioner, Refrigerator, Washing Machine etc?)
2. Capable of working a part of integrated global team
3. Resolve query with Motor Suppliers for new designs development
4. Responsible for Cost Innovations, VA/VE and Improvement activities.
5. In house/Outsource Evaluation Test Set up
6. Leading Home appliances team of all Cross Functional Teams (R&D, Production, Material, QA, PE, PPC)
7. Responsible for Development Process
8. Responsible for defining the Motor configuration and RFQ replies based on Motor electrical, environmental and life aspects.
9. Should be expert in tolerance stack up & GD&T
10. Responsible for localisation of child parts
11. Should be able to sync NIDEC India R&D Activities with global NIDEC R&D Centres
12. Should keep updated about latest R&D Techniques Innovations & Research
13. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSA?s) required to successfully perform the job:
14. Knowledge: Design Knowledge, Energy Improvement & Performance, Reliability, Verification and validation of designs, prototype development, Manufacturing document management.
Skills: Product Design & Development, BLDC Motor Design, Design, Engineering Documentation, Failure Analysis, Cost Reduction, Project Management, Quality Management
1. Capable of working a part of integrated global team
2. Significant exposure in performing engineering duties as well as implementing application of standard engineering principles and practices
3. Proficient in spearheading R&D initiatives, design, testing & validation, process improvement and systems designing initiatives & plans
4. An effective communicator with honed interpersonal, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills
Education, Experience, License, Certification required for the position:
Experience: 10-15 Years
Qualification: : B. Tech Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Specific technical qualification/certification:
1. Design, development, analysis & integration into the application
2. Electromagnetic Software:
- Maxwell Ansys, JMAG
- Design hand calculations for different Topologies
Competencies required to successfully perform the job:
New Product Development