· Design, implement, and support a platform providing secured access to large datasets.
· Interface with tax, finance and accounting customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions.
· Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting.
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
· Tune application and query performance using profiling tools and SQL.
· Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
· Learn and understand a broad range of data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use.
· Keep up to date with advances in big data technologies and run pilots to design the data architecture to scale with the increased data volume using AWS.
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for datasets.
Triage many possible courses of action in a
high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and