This position is with one of the world’s
leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based
risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. Headquartered in Switzerland,
it operates through a network of around 80 offices globally.
About the Role
· Strong and relevant experience in handling an end-to-end close and reporting for legal entities across valuations US GAAP / Local GAAP / IFRS / EVM.
· Responsible for statutory and regulatory filings in-line with the local country requirements.
· Managing reporting deadlines / timetables to ensure accurate and timely delivery of tasks.
· Co-ordinate meetings with key stakeholders like Finance Managers and Controllers, and drive them independently.
· Worked closely with other functions located in Bangalore and other locations in resolving issues / open items.
· Internal and External audit preparations and coordination.
· Review internal controls of the process. Ensure proper governance.
· Ensure Risk & Compliance with local and international requirements.
· Bring about process improvements and automation to bring about greater productivity.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Assist with transition and oversight of outsourced activities.
· Contribute to building up central expertise in multiple accounting, valuation and reporting standards globally, including supporting documentation and knowledge transfer.
· Contribute to on-boarding new team members and transferring knowledge as appropriate.
· Support ATLAS programme activities, such as user acceptance testing, cut-over activities, data migration and reconciliations, data preparation and training.
· Should be able to take ownership and accountability for the work performed by self and team members
· Regular people management activities: Set goals; monitor performance, coach and develop the team members; ensure time management; balance individual aspirations and organizational needs; plan day-to-day deliverables and ensure there are no misses or delays
· Support the team in building and maintaining a strong professional network and communication
· Foster an environment of high collaboration, knowledge sharing, continuous improvement and contribute to establishing a great reputation of the team
About the Team
· Finance Reinsurance teams of Asia are based in 8 different countries across Asia Pacific.
· The teams are primarily into Accounting & Reporting (A&R), Legal Carrier reporting, and Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A).
· With recent strategy to establish a holding company and operating entity domiciled in Singapore as a home office for all Asia branches, the Finance Reinsurance Asia team is growing its capability to fully cover the finance deliverables across all entities in the region.
· Accurate and timely reporting across multiple valuations to the newly formed governance bodies, including the client’ board of directors and management committees.
· To take ownership and accountability of the timely and accurate deliverables of your team
· You will also work closely with the on-shore regional finance managers in ensuring smooth delivery out of Bangalore.
· Chartered Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, CPA, M.Com, B.Com
· Currently should be managing team members
· Expertise in international accounting standards preferred (IFRS / US GAAP)
· Insurance / Reinsurance of Financial Services knowledge preferred
· Sound knowledge of Taxation will be an added advantage
· 10 -12 years of hands-on experience in doing monthly / quarterly / annual close of entities and working closely with Local Entity Accountants / Financial Controllers
· Experience of working with external and internal auditors is desired
· Work experience in auditing with global firms and project environments are strong assets
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Should be able to take ownership and accountability for the work performed
· Result oriented with strong sense of urgency
Self-starter and ability to
work under time pressure