This position is for client who is
This position is for client who isone of the most respected engineering, construction, and project management companies in the world.
Position : CSA - BIM Manager
Location New Delhi
The successful candidate for the BIM Manager - CSA
- Reports directly to the Chief Engineer-CSA and will work with multiple teams of structural engineers and related disciplines This role may transition to a project specific assignment, reporting to an Engineering Group Supervisor (EGS), Project Engineer
- Participates in the self-perform design work for a broad range of engineering disciplines
- Experience in Revit Structures and Architecture suites is essential
- In-depth working knowledge of current Revit BIM versions with emphasis on project setup / deliverable production is essential
- Experience of using review and clash detection in software such as Navisworks, and data management software such as Projectwise is required
- Possess the ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Ability to determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance and take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Conversant with applicable international codes
- Primary Responsibilities
- Ensuring conformance with Contract Requirements relating to Engineering
- Conforming Company Standard procedures to Project Requirements and ensuring their implementation
- Supporting the supervising engineer in planning and implementing a program to develop self-perform engineering capabilities and resources
- Supervision Received
- Performs most assignments independently with instructions as to the general results expected.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Able to support BIM implementation on whole life-cycle of Infrastructure Projects
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional methods/ materials and/or difficult coordination requirements
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates to support self-perform engineering work during all phases of projects viz. BIM setup & customization, maintaining material catalogues, drawing production, reporting tools, data management, etc.
- Responsible for BIM standards development, implementation and enforcement, creation and maintenance of the template files to assure quality standards
- Automates routines in BIM to support standards and productivity
- Assists in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards
- Manages software products to incorporate latest version/ releases and validates for current/ new customizations
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of current trends/ best practices on use of Revit and implements this into practices and procedures
- Stays informed on other BIM related software and how they work with Revit
- Exercises both line management and functional direction over assigned Engineers/ Designers
- Supports a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction
- Provides hardware and network support and troubleshoot problems
- Liaises with BIM vendors and corporate counterparts to resolve specific issues
- Provides basic and advanced training on Revit Architecture / Structure
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation and satisfaction.
- Performs customization and standardization of BIM project setup and BIM model definition per project units
- Supports project standards coordination with customer
- Creation of library objects and families mapped to required data per project level of details
- Performs work related to worksets creation, views creation and browser organization
- Supports coordination of Vendor / MEP models and integration to a Hub model
- Prepares desktop instructions for use by Engineers / Architects / Designers
- Assists on project work – modeling, detailing, reporting and import, extraction and validation of document / data
- Exercises control of all BIM workflow and resolve BIM issues
- Manages and distributes coordinated digital documents to the project team
- Performs model integrity check and audits to assure quality of BIM model
- Updates Navisworks model to keep it current, performs clash check and issues clash reports
- Communicates with subcontractors to receive, coordinate and update all electronic models
- Provides technical support on BIM data management in projectwise
- Links BIM to the project construction administration phase for submittals, construction models, design and shop drawings
- Reviews and checks work of subordinate engineers / designers
- Understanding of Engineering Department Procedures, relevant design guides. Broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials.
- Acquaintance with Architectural finishes and Construction materials
- Understanding of engineering planning and control methods including computerized methods.
- Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
- Understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the infrastructure projects.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Minimum 5-year degree in Architecture or 4-year degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college
- Preference will be given to the candidates with post-graduation and specialization in related field
- Minimum 10-years of overall design engineering experience on EPC projects out of which 5-years in BIM setup, collaboration and deliverable productionf