This position is open with our client, who is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management
An Associate will primarily lead Business model validations and support other model governance tasks for Finance, Marketing, Deposits, and Operations. This role will require expertise in methods and metrics used for performance assessment of various types of business models used in portfolio and acquisition marketing, loss forecasting, and operations. The successful candidate will also excel at effective partnering and be ready to independently lead projects in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
- Conduct ongoing performance assessment of models and ensure adherence to the firm-wide model policy.
- Provide critical support in migrating model management and governance processes to a new generation model management platform.
- Document, streamline, and automate model validation code and processes.
- Participate in cross-business efforts to ensure adherence to model control and compliance requirements.
- Provide project management support to modeling teams to ensure timely response to requests from regulators, internal audit, model governance and control groups.
- Validate various data processes and sources that can affect model performance.
- Support the production of various monthly and quarterly presentations for the line of business, model governance and control groups.
- Provide reporting on model inventory and issue tracking.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or equivalent work/training is required; Advanced degree is preferred.
- Typically 6+ years of related analytical experience.
- Proficient with advanced programming techniques.
- Strong Knowledge of statistical programming (such as SAS, R, or Python) is a must. Knowledge of VBA and UNIX preferred. Strong knowledge of SQL and hands on experience in any database (such as Oracle, Teradata, or DB2).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal